Bone Daddy's House of Smoke has finally made its way to Houston...well, not really Houston, but close enough! The grand opening in Webster, Texas was held on Monday and we can tell that people were super excited about getting the first look at this BBQ focused restaurant. Serving up traditional favorites like their Juke Joint Slice Brisket, Earl's Hot Link Sausage, and Heavenly Pulled Pork paired with yummy sides like their Famous Skillet-Head Beans, Cheesy Roadhouse Spuds, and Sweet Cream'd Corn, you will definitely find something to fill your belly to tackle just about any craving. And if the traditional fare doesn't float your boat, you can check out their Fear of Commitment Sampler (skinny boy onion rings, stuffed jalapeños, grilled chicken wings, tailpipes, hoot n' hooty's cheese dip and chips) or even the Daddy's Smokin' Tailpipes (smoked brisket, onion, jalepeños, corn & peppers all wrapped up and deep fried; served with ranch dip). As far as customer service is concerned, Bone Daddy's says, "And as long as you're here, might as well get some extra love from Daddy and the girls."
During our visit we got an opportunity to meet the staff, learn more about the business, sample a few cocktails, and get our serious grub on! Here are a few fun facts:
- The amazing baked beans (Skillet-Head beans) take 2 days to make and are hickory smoked in the pit right along with the brisket. Now we know why they are so full of flavor!
- The Beer Can Chicken is good and happy when it arrives at your table, after marinating in beer for 24 hours.
- Fresh is not just given lip service at Bone Daddy's, they live by it. None of the meats are more than 2 hours old when served, and the sides are made fresh in house daily.
- Did we mention that the signature cocktails are quite yummy?! The Blow Torch and Juicy Lucy were our 2 faves.
- Sleeper Alert: If you love or even like ribs a whole lot, do yourself a favor and try the spare ribs. Yes, they have babybacks which are good, but the spare ribs will ROCK your world.
- The Bone Daddy's concept was born after the creation of the Bone Daddy's character who is an African American male born in South Texas whose passion was for BBQ and the Blues. That's where all that soul comes from!
- Bone Daddy's pays quite a few visits to junkyards and other shops; and spends a lot of time in Round Top, Texas, to locate unique finds to decorate every inch of the restaurant.
- You wouldn't expect a juicy, full-flavored, and nicely marbled rib-eye to come out of a BBQ house. Well, we will state for the record that you can look no further, because their House of Smoke Rib-eye is on fire!
- Make sure you stay and save room for dessert. This is not your mama's banana pudding...its your Nana's Pudding, and this creamy treat chocked full of sliced bananas will take you back to your childhood.
Truth be told, we didn't sample anything at Bone Daddy's that we didn't like. We also loved the fact and were a bit surprised to find that Bone Daddy's is independently operated and has been that way for 13 years. CEO and founder Mike Leatherwood does not franchise his brand and has been very successful in spreading Bone Daddy's love all across the state of Texas (the Webster location is number six). We are looking forward to Bone Daddy's adding more locations to Houston - and we hear (according to Scott Brown, Director of Construction) that Shenandoah, Texas (The Woodlands area) and I-10 & Memorial area are future locations.
Bone Daddy's is not just about the super cute ladies. They take pride in their food and customer service and are really about the experience. We think the Bone Daddy elevator pitch sums it all up..."[Bone Daddy's is] a funky BBQ joint filled with smokin' hot women, serving killer food, ice cold beer, and a can't get it anywhere experience!" Now that's what we are talking about!
Bone Daddy's House of Smoke
19901 Gulf Freeway, Webster, TX.
Urban Swank did receive a complimentary tasting, but the opinions expressed are our own.