Fresh Shrimp and Crab tossed in a Lemon Vinaigrette with Crunchy Red Peppers, Onions, and chives mixed with Arugula and Smoked Bacon served on seasoned California Avocado slices
1/2 Avocado, Ripe, cut into 4 wedges
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
6 Shrimp, 26/30, precooked, cooled & sliced in ½ lengthwise
2 oz Crab Meat, Jumbo Lump
1 Tbsp Rocket Arugula
2 Tbsp Lemonette Dressing, see recipe below
Smoked Bacon, cooked cut ½” pieces
1 tsp Chopped Chives
1 Tbsp Lemonette Dressing , see recipe below
2 Tbsp Croutons
3 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Puree
1/4 Cup Red Onions, Diced Raw ¼”
1/4 Cup Red Peppers, Diced Raw ¼”
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Basil, Finely Chopped
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1. Combine the Lemon Juice, Mayonnaise, Garlic Puree, Dijon Mustard, and Salt & Pepper in a Blender and slowly drizzle the Olive Oil into the base until completely emulsified. Place mixture into a small container.
2. Add the finely diced red peppers, red onions, and chopped basil into the dressing and mix well.
1. Slice the Avocado half into 4 equal wedges and carefully peel back the skin.
2. Season all for slices with Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Place the slices in the bowl pointing out into 4 different directions.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the Halved Shrimp, Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, Rocket Arugula, Lemonette, Smoked Bacon Pieces, and Chopped Chives. Toss the ingredients together gently and place them into the center of the salad bowl on top of the Avocado Slices.
4. Place ½ oz of the Lemonette Dressing on the Avocado Slices and crush two pieces of Croutons over the top of the salad in the center.