La Fisheria, serving updated Mexican coastal cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood by Mexican celebrity Chef Aquiles Chavez, announces a bright take on Sunday brunch from 11:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m: Sundays in the beachy-feeling turquoise house located at 4705 Inker, just off Shepherd south of I-10. "Brunch is something Iʼve been anxious to offer since the restaurant opened a few months ago. Our Bloody Marias, Micheladas and Clamatos shots are the prefect hangover cure alongside our delicious cuisine,” says Chavez.
Highlights for brunch include the following:
• Red Chile -"Aquiles" ~ Not your typical “chilaquiles”, Chavez prepares a special red sauce with spicy and smokey red chiles from Oaxaca, Mexico that includes fresh cooked, shredded chicken breast, along with freshly fried corn tortilla strips and fried eggs topped with cotija cheese.
• Bloody Maria ~ Made with tequila, La Fisheriaʼs Bloody Maria uses fresh lime juice and special tomato juice along with fresh jalapenos for this unique twist on your favorite brunch drink, the Bloody Mary.
• Mexican Paella ~ Made special for Sunday brunch, Chavezʼ Mexican Paella includes his homemade red sauce as well as a variety of meat and seafood, such as chicken, pork, Serrano ham, bacon, Mexican chorizo, snapper, shrimp and crab.
• Fresh Tacos ~ Among numerous choices are the signature shrimp tacos – deep fried beerbattered shrimp in a corn tortilla with a tamarind and chipotle dressing and Taco de Pescador al Pastor tacos – pan-seared fish with “pastor” seasoning in a corn tortilla.
• Special Brunch Churros ~ Made from scratch and served warm in a brown paper bag, Chavezʼ Churros are served with a spiked Mexican chocolate sauce!
In addition to the Special Brunch Items, La Fisheria will serve items from its weekly lunch menu as well. Chavez plans to add more brunch offerings to the menu, including Huevos Rancheros, soon.
About La Fisheria
La Fisheria opened in March 2012, and has served as an exciting addition to Houstonʼs dining scene, featuring celebrity Chef Aquiles Chavez. La Fisheria blends a fun, casual Mexico-vacation feel with an innovative food, wine and cocktail program. The food is best described as modern Mexican cuisine with an emphasis on seafood, reflective of Chef Chavezʼ myriad culinary experiences since he began working in restaurant kitchens at the age of 16 in his native Mexico. Attending culinary school in France at Alain Ducasse and a love of cuisine from many cultures provides the foundation for his novel approach.
La Fisheria is located at 4705 Inker Street, Houston, TX 77007. It is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. for lunch and from 5:00 p.m. until 10 p.m. for dinner. Sunday brunch is served from 11:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. For more information, please visit http://www.lafisheria.mx .
Information provided courtesy of On The Mark Communications