- 18 slices Bacon
- 18 Jumbo sea scallops
- 6 T Unsalted butter, melted
- 18-24 leaves Fresh spinach, stemmed, rinsed & patted dry
- 6 T Apricot preserves
- 3 Lemons, halved
1. Place a wire rack on top of baking sheet and spread the bacon out on the rack. Bake for ten minutes or until bacon is slightly browned but still pliable enough to wrap around the scallops. (You can also cook bacon in skillet over medium heat.) Drain the bacon on paper towels.
2. Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop. Thread the scallops through the bacon onto the skewers, leaving ½ inch between each scallop. There should be 3 scallops on each skewer.
3. Pour the butter in to a 9 x 13-inch ovenproof dish large enough to hold the skewers in a single layer. Put the skewers in the dish and rotate in the butter to evenly coat the scallops, then lay the skewers flat in the pan. Roast the scallops for 4 minutes. Turn and roast for about 4 minutes longer or until the scallops are opaque and the bacon crisps.
4. Arrange a few spinach leaves on each of the plates. Carefully slide the scallops from the skewers, and put three on each plate on top of spinach. Spoon a tablespoon of preserves on plates and serve with lemon slice.